2D Boy is happy to announce the opening of 2D Boy East, our new Japanese development studio in Tokyo. Ok, it’s not really a development studio, and it’s just Ron, and he’s only there for two months, referring to himself in the 3rd person. I’d love to meet other indie game developers in the area… drop me a line if you want to meet up.
Archive for June, 2008
World of Goo will be finished THIS SUMMER. :) The precise release date depends on whenever our publishers think is best, offset by mysterious submission processes, humor translation, and floating point rounding rules. But here’s what I do know:
1. We got through ESRB with a rating the whole family can enjoy! Muahahaha.
2. We got a brave new 2D Boy Paul to help look for bugs, and make sure all the Goo tastes just right.
3. Everything is getting translated into 5 languages: English, Spanish, French, Italian, German
4. There were some rumors, so just to confirm: Yes, the Wii version will have multiplayer co-op play in every single level. Additional players can join in or leave at any time. We have not tried (yet) on any child specimens, but I think this will be a very good mode for parents playing with offspring.
5. We submitted an early test submission to Nintendo so they can let us know ahead of time if we’re missing anything, spelling Nintendo wrong, etc.
6. We’ll likely be doing a final round of beta. I’ll post more about beta volunteering on the forum a bit later when the beta builds are ready.
Brought to you by the letter E!